Under the supervision of the Education department, the beach program volunteer will assist in the implementation of marine science school field trips. This may include, but is not limited to: setting up for beach programs, pulling seine nets in the surf zone, assisting in the teaching of children, cleaning up after programs, and assisting in the maintenance of beach program supplies.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of local marine fish and invertebrates
- Knowledge of coastal processes
- Knowledge of local flora found on South Carolina Barrier Islands
- Ability to work with large groups of school children
- Ability to function outdoors in a wide range of weather conditions
- Ability to make competent decisions
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to our park visitors
- Ability to follow instructions effectively and work in a responsible and competent manner
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious relationships
If interested, please email Beth Burkett at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up. Volunteers will be asked to register with the Park’s volunteer system.