Carolina Yards Online Guide to Environmentally Friendly Gardening
Tuesday, April 09, 2013 – Tuesday, May 14, 2013
Enjoy online training from the comfort of your home and on your own schedule! Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Week 1: Maintaining Healthy Soils (Soil Testing, Composting, Mulching)
- Week 2: Determine the Right Plant for the Right Place (Garden Design, Native Vegetation, Invasive Species)
- Week 3: How to Fertilize; Managing Yard Pests
- Week 4: Smart Watering Techniques (Irrigation, Rainwater Harvesting)
- Week 5: How to Create a Backyard Wildlife Sanctuary
Each week includes online presentations, videos, and discussion forums with fellow gardeners.
You can access and view all course material at your own pace!
Along the way, you will earn “inches” on the Carolina YardStick by performing environmentally friendly gardening activities in your yard. If you earn enough “inches” you can obtain certification and recognize your yard as a Carolina Yard!
The course cost is $99 and includes five weeks of online content plus supplemental materials.
Upon registering, you will receive the following in the mail:
- 1 Rain Garden Manual
- 1 Rainwater Harvesting for Homeowners Guide
- 1 Soil Test
- 1 Rain Gauge
- 1 Book, Bringing Nature Home (by Douglas Tallamy), to add to your home library
Plus, you will have the option to purchase the Ivy Rain Barrel at an additional $63.
Ivy is made in the USA and of 50% recycled plastic!
Course is limited to 60 participants!