The Charleston County Park and Recreation Commission, in partnership with the National Association for Interpretation, is offering a professional certification course for individuals who have public contact at interpretive sites. The Certified Interpretive Host program is designed for new hires, seasonals, docents/volunteers, maintenance workers, receptionists, law enforcement or anyone who has public contact but does not deliver interpretive programs to the public. It covers the basics of interpretation, customer service and hospitality, and using informal interpretation to support the agency mission.
This 16-hour course includes:
- History, definition, and principles of interpretation
- How to provide great customer service
- Hospitality and communication skills
- NAI Certification requirements (open book exam; video exam)
- All materials and workbook
Photo by Keith McCullough