The Education Department of the Charleston County Parks is requesting a Beach Program Volunteer on March 26, 2018, from 2:00 – 4:00 PM at the Isle of Palms County Park.
Under the supervision of the Education Department the beach program volunteer will assist in the implementation of marine sciences programs. This may include, but not ilimited to: setting up for beach programs, pulling seine netsin the surf zone, assisting in teaching of children, cleaning up after programs and assisting in the maintenance of beach program supplies.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of local marine fish and invertebrates
- Knowledge of coastal processes
- Knowledge of local flora found on South Carolina Barrier Islands
- Ability to work with large groups of school children
- Ability to function outdoors in a wide range of weather conditions
- Ability to make competent decisions
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to our park visitors
- Ability to follow instructions effectively and wour in a responsible and competent manner
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious relationships
If interested please email Beth Burkett at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up. Volunteers will be asked to register with the Park’s volunteer system.